Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Christmas is coming

Lately I have been spending a little more time on a fabulous hobby of mine, making soap. Actually it began over a year ago as making whipped body butter for my family.

During the dry winter months my little ones’ eczema gets so bad and my hands start aging before my very eyes. I had wanted to try to make my own lotion for a while and after looking around at some Kindle books on Amazon found a recipe I liked. I did not really think too much about it but we all loved how it felt and smelled, so this year as our homeschool craft fair came around my children wanted to make some more to sell. I supervised and helped them label the various tubs (we made 4 kinds) and they actually sold pretty well.

I kind of thought it would be really wonderful if one day I could bring in some money to help hubby not be so stressed since he is out of work. So naturally I asked God to take that silly thought out of my head because hubby had a perfect job opportunity. We were going through the formalities  because we all knew how perfect it was. Uh huh, you guessed it, poof that job fizzled out. Instead God put it in my heart to try making soap, so I thought well at least it will save us money and gave it a go. I ended up loving it and mentioned it to a few friends and had planned on making some nice Christmas gifts for family since we are not getting any money in. Well those few friends all wanted some and they loved them so much they wanted more so I have been pretty busy crafting soap for Christmas.

I gotta say I am in awe of how God works and while this is something so small and not ever on my radar I know he has a plan for all of us and it is always perfect! So how is God moving you this Christmas?

Mandy

2 comments:

PlainJane said...

Do you ship your soap Mandy? Or do you have an Etsy shop? I would buy some.

Mrs. Mandy said...

I do ship them Plain Jane. No Etsy shop yet but you can find me at Arch City Soaps on FB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...