Sunday, December 07, 2014

Tis the season for…

Mishaps and mayhem! I love my children dearly. But what possesses them to do things they have never seen myself or my hubby do? You know things like write on a computer screen.  I would say if we used a stylus I could understand it but we don’t so…why? In the past 2 weeks I have had my 2 1/2 year old son make some beautiful art in both permanent marker and ball point ink. Google to the rescue!

After some searching and debate on which method would be safest for our plasma HP All-In-One machine I took the plunge, hoping I would not make the situation worse. First up the permanent marker. Apparently writing over the marks with dry erase marker erases them. Yep worked like a charm with minimal effort. I just wiped down the screen after each small section I worked on.

A little tougher customer was the ball point pen. There was some discrepancies in what I found on whether using various solvents would ruin the antiglare finish so I opted for a drier method first go-round. A plain ol’ rubber eraser, actually the eraser on the end of my papermate mechanical pencil. It took a little more effort but it did the trick. I am happy to say my screen is now baby art free and hopefully baby will decide he likes paper better very soon. Because he is lightening quick you know.

IMG_2263

1 comment:

PlainJane said...

Oh Noooo. I'm glad you were able to get your screen clean without damage. Thankfully, our girls were pretty mild-mannered. Except for eating dog food and dumping Cheerios all over the living room floor, we survived. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...