Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our first Artist Study

 

These are pics from our first artist study. I had the boys do Michelangelo, and while the background part was not as pleasant as I'd hoped the project was great. My kids are very much hands on, we tried "ceiling painting" and Fresco. Since I hadn't really planned ahead our trial school days are a bit scattered and improvised. We need to find a structure and hopefully this will smooth the rough spots. I am going to try using Charlotte Mason as our method when we get serious about school this fall. For now it is about seeing what the kids tend to enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Learning By Living. To answer your question about how I made my goals list for my kiddos. I took the samples from "What Your Child Needs To Know When" by Robin Sampson. It's Christian Based and chalk full of wonderful advice. I read through it, compared it to what my kids are capable of and made my own list.. Hope that helps.. Many blessings <><

amy in peru said...

You are so funny. I'm glad my posts were helpful... :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I have so many ideas that I'd love to write, but feel convinced that my time is better spent actually DOing them! hahah.
Congratulations on your expected one! I hope your year goes well, let me know if I can help you in any way. Great Artist study by the way :)
Amy
Trujillo, Peru

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...