Last year I was blessed to be able to review the first volume of Apologia Press’s new line of worldview curriculum, What We Believe series . You may read that review by clicking here Who Is God. This year when I had the chance to review the second volume I was thrilled to say the least. Who Am I is everything I expected and more. This time I received not only the textbook but also the MP3 audio CD, coloring book, and journal. I am blown away by the company’s generosity.
”The second book in the What We Believe series, Who Am I? (And What Am I Doing Here?) helps children understand what it means to be fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of the Most High God. This study will enable students to develop a healthy self-image based on these biblical truths: God made me in His image and crowned me with glory; He has given me special gifts and a unique purpose in life; I can creatively express God's love; I am meant to think about beautiful and praiseworthy things, especially God and His Word; I must make decisions based on God's truth; I can always know the wise thing to do; I must cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in my life; I am a beloved child of God whose true identity is found in Christ.”
What we liked:
- Teacher Helps available online as usual.
- I really loved the Notebooking Journal and the suggested lesson plans in both it and the text.
- The audio MP3 was wonderful since it meant Mom was not the teacher. Our discussions were much more fluid and thoughtful.
- My younger son really enjoyed the coloring book and thought it was cool how he could tell which picture went with which part of the audio. This meant he was paying attention!!! Huge for us because normally when I read he is not.
What we disliked:
- My only complaint was that the audio was not playable in a cd player. We tend to try to stay off the computer during school so having it able to play in a regular CD player would have been perfect. I did however figure out my DVD player has MP3 capabilities so I just used it that way. Just meant we had to do school in another room which was fine for us.
Textbook – $39
Journal – $24
Audio MP3 – $19
Coloring book – $8
Age range ------> 6-14
To see other reviews on this product click the TOS Crew banner at the top of this post.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the above items at no charge in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given to me.