Monday, October 24, 2011

Week In Review ~ Unit 7

We had a short week last week since I had a couple appointments, so we are still finishing up Unit 7 in Bigger but I managed to remember to take a couple shots of the children hard at work. Industriousness is the theme this week and they are really taking it to heart.

To aid my oldest in completing all his subjects I came up with a very simple schedule using the time chart cards I made here. I tweaked it a bit and made it more portable since he does his work where ever he is most comfortable. He was having a problem remembering to actually check for subjects that are not done everyday. I will be adding that post soon along with some more reviews!!!

This pregnancy is harder on me than any of my others so I am letting that dictate our speed but we are generally doing about 4 1/2 hours for Bigger and 6 for CTC plus. My tot received a package of Busy Bags last week as part of a swap I participated in and we are having a blast with them. I will post all of those later also. Hope your school days are now in full swing and enjoyable.

Bigger

Science PA190010PA200025PA200026PA240002& Art

 

 

 

 


Math PA190009

 

 

 

 

 


History

PA200017PA240001

 

 

 

 

 

 


CursivePA200031

 

 

 

 


CTC

Math

PA190006

 

 

 

 

 


History Project

PA200015

 

 

 

 

 


History Notebook

PA240001-1

 

 

 

 

 


Extension Narrations

PA240002-1

 

 

I really need to get better and covering my 16 year old’s work but he is usually reading in some hidey hole or does his projects when I am otherwise occupied and I miss it.


Tot School

I have not really began any kind of structured learning with D as she is only 31 months old. It is still mainly playing for her but she does ask to do certain things and so I will have things out for her but she usually asks for something I have out of sight (which isn’t much since we have no real storage here).  This past week it was mostly things from our swap, her favorite being the sticky foam letters and shapes.

This is a hand drawn do a dot with those decorative stones (they are flat on one side) she loved it!

PA190005

 

 

 

 

 


Intense art/drawing with erasable pencils

PA190007PA190008

 

 

 

 

 

 


Practicing color sorting

PA200018PA200019

 

 

 

 


Matching bead colors

PA200029

 

 

 

 

 

 


Magnetic alphabet book, she is a little young for this books real purpose which is spelling but she has fun with all the magnetic letter tiles.

PA190011

 

 

 

 

 


One to one correspondence

PA200020PA200024

 

 

 

 


Fav of the week!

PA200030PA210032PA210034PA220037

 

 

Apparently my computer was in trouble and needed help.


And here is a - just because she’s starting to enjoy having her picture taken since she used to hide from the camera – shot.

PA160001


Mandy

2 comments:

PlainJane said...

Oh, I can't believe noone has commented! Your pictures & post is wonderful. I just found you through Pinterest of all places. I had repinned your picture of the History Notebook recently to read later and finally got to it. I see this post is a couple years old, but I have to ask, what History notebook were you using. I love the Breastplate pages. If you don't mind, please let me know. Nice to meet you Mandy. I look forward to looking at more of your blog. :)

PlainJane said...

Opps, Nevermind, I think I see it's HOD right? Great. I'll look into it. Not that I need another curriculum, but we are doing Christian History and I just can't get enough Bible... oh, wait, I'm suppose to be teaching my daughter, not me. Oh well, hope she joins me. jk

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...