Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Monday, March 09, 2009

Nervous and excited

Well baby is as low as can be but I am just not getting any more effaced. I am 4 cm now but still 50%. We have decided to go ahead with the induction since I now am in more pain than before. We will be going in on Wednesday at 6:30 am, not fun! I will be given a low pit protocol, which is a lower dose than normal, to try and start contractions. I am glad I declined the doc's offer to hook my water, he said today that he doesn't do many of those. I was just uncomfortable with the idea of having my water broken without any contractions, if nothing happpens I am stuck at the hospital on a time limit and it could lead to a c-section (we are inducing to try to avoid a c). Whereas with the low pit we can choose to increase the dose, stop and go home, or if it seems to be working but not very quickly break my water then. I am more in control of what is happening this way. And it is still possible that labor will start on it's own before then so I will try and keep updating. Pray that we have a baby before Wednesday because I really want to have natural labor.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Nursery and a belly pic

Here are some shots of the nursery and my belly at 36 weeks.

Still waiting for baby

I am officially 38 1/2 weeks. I will be going to see my doctor again in the morning. We have decided to do a slow induction on Wednesday if I have not progressed any farther. I am still only 50% effaced, -2 station and 3-4 cm. As baby gains more weight I am having more pain from the seperated pelvis. If it goes much longer I may need a c-section. In order to avoid that we will try the induction. It will be a lower dose of pitocin so I have a chance that my body takes over on it's own. Since natural is the goal we are trying to minimize the need for interventions especially epidurals. Maybe labor will begin before the induction takes place. I have not had any contractions in at least a week unless I am walking alot which if I would not have the seperated pelvis I would be walking up a storm to get this baby moving. Pray all goes well at my appointment tomorrow and I will post updates later tomorrow afternoon.
Oh, BTW, nursery is done, mostly, and will post pics tomorrow also!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...