Friday, April 25, 2008

What little boys are made of



I know it happens but this is the third night in a row that my youngest has woken me up before 4 am. The little darling has had earaches in both ears now and tonight was a total surprise. He is calling from the bathroom which is right outside my room. I go in to see what is wrong thinking he has a tummy ache. Now I did not turn on the light because he informs me that it hurts his eyes, so I turn on the nightlight instead. I am at this point noticing a large brown lump on the floor and some on the front of the toilet (which at this point he is still on). I inquire as to whether or not he needs wiped and what exactly were my not so awake eyes seeing. He quietly informs me that he missed the potty! What?! It takes me a few seconds to realize said lump is stinky and I flip on the overhead light, ugh! I then ask how and of course he can't figure it out himself. So out went the dirty undies, which for the life of me I can not understand how he got those dirty in the front outside, and down to the laundry I go, but not before realizing he has smeared the lid and apparently stepped into it also. As I come down the steps what greets me but a fresh mess from our loveable dog, all over hubby's Bowflex machine. What a great start to my Friday!!! Needless to say we got everybody and everything cleaned up and put back together, but not with out some grumbling. I think I need to pray for some extra patience today.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my, reminds me of the time my sweet little girl was about 1-1/2 years old. I put her down for a nap and when I went to wake her up (had to do that or she wouldn't go to sleep at night) I couldn't open her bedroom door. Had to really push! Found out it was because she was right up against it, sound asleep. And smeared everywhere was her messy diaper :-( Apparently she created the mess and it smelled so bad that she got right down by the crack at the bottom of the door so she could breathe fresh air and went sound asleep. I can laugh about it now, but I was one unhappy mommy that day! (It was 20 years ago.)
Welcome to the bloggy world! I'm pretty new myself, having started just last fall. But it's a great way to "journal" AND keep in touch with friends and family -- including the new friends you make!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...