Friday, April 22, 2011

Rebuilding Japan with Art

Do you know Japan is still dealing with aftershocks? I do not watch much news so I did not realize this until my son who loves all things Japanese showed me a website he came across, Manga University. On this site you can learn Japanese, how to draw Manga, and how to cook Japanese food. When you make a purchase from the site 10% goes to the Red Cross Japan.
mu_emergency_banner

Online Manga and online classes was my son’s reason for finding this site. He has been wanting to take some art classes, photography, and while looking he found this one. I think it was around $60 with shipping and supplies, but it is a 6 week class contained on a USB stick. It arrived in 2 days, I did not expect it to be that fast. He got started right away. Here is his first try.
100_4464
100_4459





He did a pretty good job and we were really pleased with the materials.
100_4458
  So now he has his own Manga sketchbook. I can’t wait to see what he does with this. After the 3rd week he gets to send of his work to be critiqued and evaluated and then redrawn by a professional Manga Artist in Japan!!! He is super excited and has plans to finish the course redrawn that piece and compare to how the artist redraws it. I am so happy to see him finally take a big interest in something other than playing video games. This is especially huge for me since my first love is art! Yes I am a nerd , oh well.Open-mouthed smile
So what special classes have your children been able to take because you homeschool them?
prayjapan


  Mandy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...