Saturday, September 03, 2011

First Day of School

We started school differently than in past years. I wanted to do something special for the children since this is the first year I am homeschooling all three of them. I had read about another families first day traditions using German schultute, paper cones filled with treats, and thought it was a perfect way to kick off the new year.
P8210387
I had a bit of a hard time trying to get the poster board to make the right shape but finally with some hot glue made it work. Needless to say I am not an engineer! I filled the cones with small baggies of snacks and single serving kool-aid packets with paper cups and napkins. The children loved them!

P8210389
There really is a child behind that, I promise!
P8210390
P8210391





After we opened the treats I did a kind of orientation since this is a new place and things are not in ideal places. I basically showed the boys where to find all their books and supplies as well as lil sister’s things. We also previewed our new curriculum, Heart Of Dakota, and discussed schedules. I really think this was the best first day ever!
P8210393
P8210394
P8210395






Hope you all had a wonderful start to the new year. I would love to hear about how you make the first day of school super special!
Mandy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...